ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

***Disclaimer: I am not discouraging or encouraging purchase of the products discussed in this blog.***

If you don't like what I say--hire me so that you will!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Small (but serious) Request

First off, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and any other holiday season occurring now that you may choose to celebrate!  My final final is tonight and I could not be happier!  I know it's been awhile since I've updated, but I feel required to write this blog at the core of my existence.

As you know, this blog is 90% about my thoughts on media and 10% about me (if even).  However, in the last few weeks I have had some really wonderful and really awful things occur to me (to be updated in a future post).   I have seen a lot of death as the holidays have approached.  It is nothing short of painful to witness people you care about pass away or endure a loss in their life.  You are helpless.  The only comforts to offer are to be there for them, listen, and encourage them to take life day by day.  Unfortunately, we cannot take some of the burden on their behalf.

Life is short.  I hate to say I am speaking from experience, but I am.  Twice in my life I have been about to talk with or make plans with my friend, and then they were suddenly no longer among the living.  Devastated is putting my feelings mildly.  From these lessons I have learned to always tell those in my life how I feel about them.  I have also realized not to sweat the small stuff. It is just STUFF.

I made a decision earlier this week that as my 29th birthday approaches (tomorrow) I am going to start living my life a little differently.  I am going to throw caution to the wind and listen to my heart rather than my head.  As a pragmatic person, this was a scary thing to do.  But if I'm given ONE life am I really living if I'm living in a world of fearful, rational explanations? I'm not. I've done it for 28 years, and for 29 it is time to try something different.

Therefore, I implore you to tell those that you love and care for that you love and care for them.   I'll go first:


  
Some of my Favorites on a memorable night
To all my friends old and new I LOVE YOU!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I remember the year I lost my father; thinking wow at ANY moment any of us can be taken. Thing is even before that I livedby the ideal that "you only get ONE of these". I am probably the example of taking that theory too seriously... living too much if you will.. well now there is.balance that comes with maturity and I find a appreciate family, friends, experiences more... while I love live and laugh like each is my last I now do it from a caring place ... an aware and motivated one... same feeling I get from this post...

    Great stuff again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eliot!!!

    You are right to point out the opposite that you CAN do too much. Balance is an ideal. I just feel that most people (including myself) err on the side of caution when it's ok to let yourself go. What's the worst that can happen? You hurt. But, as my friend pointed out to me the other day: you also survive and pick yourself back up again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always tell my best friends, and my family, that I love them, every time I hang up with them, every time I say goodbye (even if it's just for ten minutes). It might be annoying when I say it every five minutes (sometimes I do), but it's important for them to know that that was the LAST thing I said to them, ever, if it is the last thing I say...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about balance and being open and honest about love...I love you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with making sure you don't ever leave anything unsaid. It is important to always say things from the heart. You can't take back hurtful situations once it has been put out there. If today was your last day, what would you do different? Little things would not matter anymore so why deal with it today? Give only the best to life and you will always receive the best in return. I Love You Girl keep us thinking.

    ReplyDelete